BETO Will Hold Webinar on December 13 on SAF Grand Challenge Roadmap: Soaring Towards Sustainable Fuel Production Goals
By Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) will hold a webinar on December 13, 2022, on the “SAF Grand Challenge Roadmap: Soaring Towards Sustainable Fuel Production Goals.” Attendees will learn about the six action areas that support the Grand Challenge’s goals of:
- Reducing life cycle greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) by 50 percent compared to conventional fuel;
- Producing enough sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) to meet 100 percent of aviation fuel demand by 2050; and
- Enhancing fuel sustainability.
The webinar will feature the director of BETO and speakers from DOE and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, who will discuss engaging with industry to achieve these goals. Speakers will include:
- Valerie Reed: Director, BETO;
- Zia Haq: Senior Analyst, BETO;
- Craig Brown: Bioenergy Systems Technical Integration Lead, National Renewable Energy Laboratory; and
- Mark Shmorhun: Technology Manager, Systems, Development, and Integration, BETO.
Registration is now open.